About the position
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Workday, Mars, and Johnson & Johnson.
As our BDR Training and Enablement Manager, you will be an engineer of our growth, a key leader within our BDR Organization. The role is designed to drive business growth by building, developing, and driving BetterUp’s BDR training and enablement programs. We’re seeking a strong leader and a self-starter who has built out enablement functions previously, within a rapidly scaling environment. You will be instrumental in assisting in the design of the BDR playbook, training the team on processes and procedures, best practices for strong and productive BDR:AE partnerships, as well as selling the BetterUp vision and product. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and will be comfortable working and communicating with multiple businesses and stakeholders. This role is located in Phoenix, AZ.
- Develop and own the onboarding and ongoing training program for the Enterprise BDR team so that they are productive and enabled in the fastest time possible.
- Design and implement training programs that will enable productive partnerships between the BDR and Account Executive, prospect effectively and efficiently, engage with HR executives, develop written and verbal communication skills, follow frameworks and best practices, and keep data integrity.
- Establish a certification program for BDRs.
- Partner with BDRs to apply resources at the appropriate stages of the marketing and sales funnel to achieve desired results. Measure the effectiveness of those resources and communicate results to key partners as appropriate.
- Partner with Marketing Ops and Marketing Leadership to ensure BDRs have the appropriate set of tools to manage and track their business. Train and metric the team on the use of these tools.
- Roll out BetterUp’s Account Segmentation process to BDRs to ensure BDR:AE partnerships are aligned on account tiering to ensure they’re prioritizing the right accounts.
- Work with Marketing Ops to ensure prospecting, CRM, and marketing automation solutions directly relate to BDR frameworks and sales approach.
- Create simulation/role-based/scenario-based interactive training programs that address the goals, needs, and learning priorities set forth by Marketing Leadership.
- Provide BDRs with episodic and ongoing coaching and training sessions.
- Develop and maintain appropriate onboarding, training and framework materials.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to develop learning and collateral assets.
Experience And Skills
- 3-5+ years of demonstrable experience increasing BDR effectiveness in Sales Enablement within an enterprise environment utilizing sales methodologies and related software tools.
- A proven track record cross-functional collaboration with sales to build, grow, and develop a productive/collaborative partnership between BDR:AE.
- A creative mind and an innovative approach to building programs and initiatives.
- A collaborative approach to working across complicated organizations and building relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels, from individual contributors to executive staff.
- An ability to prioritize across multiple priorities and multi-task across a number of initiatives.
- An ability to understand and apply the latest trends, research, tools, and processes as they relate to enablement and the broader field of sales learning & development.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com and analytics around BDR success modeling
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.