The Director, Global Sales Enablement is accountable for equipping the sales organization with the right messaging, insights, and tools to increase deal conversion, improve buyer engagements, and drive organizational alignment and sales pipeline speed. This role is essential for the acceleration of the sales velocity and the improvement of the overall efficiency of the Hootsuite business. As a key member of the Sales Operations leadership team, this role will have a direct impact on the productivity and growth of the sales organization, working closely with Sales, Partners, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, and People. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office, you will report to the VP, Global Sales Operations. Please note that the role will include 20% of travel to other Hootsuite offices.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze the current state of sales productivity, establish metrics and objectives for improved efficiencies, report on enablement investments, and work with managers, team members, and cross-functional resources to develop and manage a sales enablement roadmap, including competency and assessment frameworks.
- Develop and implement communication and enablement programs to promote sales readiness and effectiveness. Leverage process to create highly repeatable outcomes that can be accelerated and scaled. Continually identifying areas of improvement and process gaps to adjust and improve processes, resulting in measurable outcomes.
- Map current sales process against customer’s buying process to identify what skills, knowledge, and tools are required to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in the sales pipeline. Implement the development, delivery, and training of effective sales playbooks for sales team members.
- Demonstrate passion for working with various sales teams, constantly learning in order to stay on top of industry social trends. Be a key member of our GTM team, ensuring the sales organization is trained effectively to communicate value, positioning, and customer outcomes. Able to interact with customers of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the C-Level to individual contributor.
- Attain trusted advisor status within Hootsuite, leveraging your in-depth knowledge of sales enablement strategies and the sales team’s goals. Operate with a high degree of professional maturity, influencing and motivating diverse and remote teams.
- Drive Sales Enablement for Hootsuite while maintaining strong relationships with cross-departmental business leaders. Serve as a positive, dynamic leader that displays the best work ethic, creative problem solving skills, positive attitude, and a team-oriented proactive approach, while sharing best practices and coaching on strategy.
- Contribute to, help organize, and champion important sales events like quarterly kick-offs, lunch & learns, and other regular training sessions. Give presentations and chair meetings with skill.
- Partner with sales leadership and People in the hiring, retaining, assessing, and developing of a high-potential talent pool, fostering a culture of collaboration, over-achievement, and continuous learning, while aligning with company KPIs.
- Identify key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision. Balance strategic thinking with operational excellence in order to build an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision.
What You’ll Need
- Experience: 15 years of sales enablement experience, with a proven track record of scoping, building, and executing integrated sales communications, enablement programs, and content.
- Extensive knowledge of sales processes, key metrics, and pipeline management.
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
Who You Are
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.