Matterport is a 3D immersive media SaaS company that makes it easy for anyone to quickly and inexpensively create a digital 3D model of any physical space. Our 3D immersive media platform is used across many industries to improve how people make decisions about properties. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital models of over 1.5 million properties so far!
Starting with residential real estate, where 8% of all homes sold in the US last year had a Matterport 3D tour, the company has changed how people experience physical spaces. Our product offering is selling exponentially in new markets like apartment and vacation rentals, hotels, event venues, insurance, retail environments, as well as architecture, engineering, and construction.
We have an end-to-end system for crafting, experiencing, and changing cloud-based immersive 3D models of real spaces. Our product suite improves the way people experience and visualize physical spaces making it incredibly fun and practical for users to move through real world spaces as if they were there.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
The Director of Sales Enablement will act as an integrating role between various sales and marketing areas, including sales operations, sales development/ training, product marketing, content marketing, and HR. This position is responsible for leading the Sales Enablement initiatives for the sales team to increase sales productivity and support the sales team.
This is a ground floor opportunity where you will be able to design and implement your own Sales Enablement vision. It is expected that early in the process you will be responsible for creating and delivering the programming to our current sales team. Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), this high visibility role will be based in the Bay Area however will support teams in Chicago and London (travel up to 30%).
Create the Vision for Sales Enablement aligned to the strategic initiatives for the Sales leaders, outlining the key initiatives and resources (vendors, people & tools) and budget required to execute the plan.
- Map the company’s sales process with our customer’s buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process and tools are required by our sales force and sales management to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Conduct an analysis of current skills, processes, knowledge and processes to and work with the sales leadership team to identify strengths and areas for development.
- Partner with sales leadership, product and HR to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure that the needs of salespeople, and their managers, are met.
- Recruit and manage a small team of employees and vendors.
- Provide training and learning content in a variety of formats including live in person, online and self study with a variety of content such as playbooks and battle cards.
- Manage the Learning Management and sales content management tools.
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Product, and HR teams.
- Create written content to educate the sales team including case studies, competitive information fact sheets and product collateral.
- Train the sales team on best use of marketing and sales enablement materials.
- Field ad hoc content and support requests from sales team.
- Manage the sales enablement content repository and ensure that all information is easily and readily accessible on demand via a sales intranet.
- Determine content adoption metrics and define sales enablement best practices.
- Conduct and report on market research.
- Gather daily feedback from the sales team to constantly improve sales support programs.
- Serve as an active contributor to deliver the yearly sales conference.
- Own the Onboarding process for new sales team members.
- Oversee the development and implementation of enablement strategies, programs, and curriculum for the sales organization.
- Measure and evaluate the return on investment of our sales enablement programs ensuring that everything we do it has a direct impact to key business metrics.
- Drive programmatic change to sales enablement programs and approaches driven by measurement outcomes.
- Recommend and implement Sales Methodology.
- Work with the product and sales operations to communicate changes in product features and processes.
- Create the Vision for Sales Enablement aligned to the strategic initiatives for the Sales leader, outlining the key initiatives and resources (vendors, people & tools) and budget required to execute the plan.
- BS/BA Required. Masters or MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales operations/sales enablement experience within high tech organizations.
- Experience building a Sales Enablement function from the ground up is preferred.
- Highly analytical and proven track record of driving process into the sales organization and through the sales leadership and executive teams.
- Track record of quota carrying sales success.
- Demonstrated experience implementing sales metrics, KPI’s and dashboards that impact sales results.
- Passionate, innovative leader who thrives in a dynamic, matrixed environment and is energized by building cross-functional connections, developing talent, and driving results.
- Experience in identifying sales enablement issues, building robust recommendations and implementing strategies to optimize multi-channel performance.
- Executive-level presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels in the organization.
- Validated change agent with stakeholder/client management experience.
- A dynamic speaker with a proven ability to get participants passionate about the topics being presented.
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.