When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company – the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries – from banking and travel to retail and communications – it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Sr Sales Enablement Manager You are an enthusiastic, and successful Sales Enablement leader that has passion for helping others succeed and the drive to assist in the creation of the enablement strategy for EMEA & APAC Commercials and Partners success. Leveraging enablement technology to measure and action on data will be an essential part of this job, so you will be responsible for partnering with the commercial leaders, operations, and marketing to define strategy, drive execution, and communicate the business impact. We are looking for a passionate, experienced, data-driven Sr Manager to help drive organizational alignment and improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the global commercial organization. This role will be part of the Commercial Excellence team and help lead initiatives across our three sales enablement programs: master consistent and effective content services, implement an enablement technology, and ongoing sales effectiveness.
- Partner with the Director of Global Sales Enablement and training to vet and drive the Enablement strategy Partner with Management, Sales Operations and top performing reps to uncover business needs, design solutions to address these needs, launch, and measure.
- Partner with key sales cross-functional partners (marketing, operations, product, analytics) and external vendors to execute against priorities and plans.
- Effectively execute against defined plans, manage stakeholder relationships, and drive engaging programs.
- Measure the impact of Sales Enablement solutions and pivot (or continue) based on results Assist the Director Sales Enablement and liaise with the Commercial Directors to educate on systems utilization (Salesforce and the Enablement tool in particular) and drive adoption amongst the commercial team.
- Build linkages between content and the sales cycle and identify the business impact.
- Help the commercial team in achieving and possibly exceeding their targets.
- Ensure we as Deliveroo are focusing our resources on the right deals and are systematic in our go to market approach.
- 5+ years of experience driving Enablement programs
- Highly proficient at building strong, lasting relationships with sales managers and reps
- Excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a fast pace, in a rapidly changing environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute
- Passion for developing others
- Proven success at managing cross functional teams and partnering with external vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and self-directed
- Experience leveraging standard eLearning tools (Showpad coach WorkRamp, Articulate, Captivate, Brainshark, Bridge, etc.), web-based meeting tools (Zoom, Bluejeans, WebEx, etc.), and Knowledge management tools (Showpad content, Guru) to create instructionally sound learning programs is desired
- Experience in Sales/Account Management a plus.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving – and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.