How we use your Personal Data
We may process data about your:
- Use or visit of our website https://acceleratesales.org (“Website”) managed by Accelerate or operated by a third-party on behalf of Accelerate (e.g. filling in contact forms, sending email, telephone contact, newsletter subscription, chat, IP Address, event registration, etc.)
- Use of our services
- Use of any content belonging to or controlled by Accelerate or any members of Accelerate, as being made available to you
- Direct interactions with Accelerate (e.g. face-to-face meetings, interactions at exhibitions, sessions, webinars, social media interactions, events, email inquiries, job searches, etc.)
The data may be processed for the following purposes and legal basis:
- The use of the Website (IP address, geographical location, operating system, length of visit, page views, website navigation paths). The legal basis for processing is your consent and/or legitimate interests pursued by us.
- The use of the services (first name, last name, address, email, telephone number, job title, company name, Membership account actions & activities, IP address, account preferences, uploaded Content). The legal basis for processing is performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract, legitimate interests pursued by us and/or compliance with our legal obligations.
- Contract administration (first name, last name, address, email, telephone number, job title, company name, billing information, and/or membership account actions & activities). The legal basis for processing is performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract, legitimate interests pursued by us and/or compliance with our legal obligations.
- Member Management (first name, last name, address, email, telephone number, job title, company name, and/or financial information). The legal basis for processing is performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract, legitimate interests pursued by us and/or compliance with our legal obligations.
- Downloads from the Website (first name, last name, email, address information, telephone number, job title, and/or company name (all where such data is requested in the applicable form), as well as IP address, order to allow for downloads and/or access content on the Website). The legal basis for processing is your consent and/or legitimate interests pursued by us.
- Event organization & registration (first name, last name, address, email, telephone number, job title, company name, photo/video recordings, and/or billing information). The legal basis for processing is your consent and/or performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- Job applications (first name, last name, address, email, telephone number, CV and/or related information). The legal basis for processing is your consent, performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract, and/or legitimate interests pursued by us.
- Compliance with laws; law enforcement requests; protection of Accelerate’s rights; Fraud. The legal basis for processing is compliance with a legal obligation we are subject to, vital interests of you or of another natural person and/or legitimate interests pursued by us.
- Other purposes, with your consent
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes and on the legal basis set out in this policy.
Such disclosures shall always take into account the necessary provisions on confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of the data involved. For avoidance of doubt, Accelerate does not sell or otherwise commercialize the Personal Data. Accelerate shall remain responsible to ensure that such export occurs in a legally compliant way, as well that the performance of the sub-processors Accelerate has engaged, remains in line with the applicable data protection legislation.
Transfer of Personal Data
We may export Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Where such export occurs, we ensure that such transfer occurs under the necessary legal provisions as required by the applicable legislation in order to provide for an adequate level of protection of your Personal Data (e.g. adequacy decision of the EU commission (e.g. EU-US Privacy Shield), binding corporate rules, or EU standard contractual clauses, …).
Such disclosures shall always be limited to the Personal Data as required for the specific purpose of the recipient while taking into account the necessary provisions on confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of the data involved.
As an EEA citizen (and potentially other applicable data privacy laws), data subjects whose Personal Data is being processed have the right to:
- obtain access to one’s Personal Data as processed by us;
- request rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of one’s Personal Data;
- object to the processing of one’s Personal Data where processing is based on the legal ground of “consent”;
- request to receive one’s Personal Data in a format at the discretion of us, that allows for the data portability of such data to a similar service;
- where Personal Data is processed based on the legal ground of “consent”, withdraw one’s consent for processing one’s Personal Data at any time.
In order to exercise such rights, please contact Allison Sword, Director of Community Engagement.
In case you have a complaint about the way we are processing Personal Data, you can always contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you, as an EEA citizen, have an unresolved complaint, you always have the right to log a complaint with the competent “data protection authority”. Information on the competent data protection authority and the way of logging a complaint can be found here (or the URL as updated by the European Commission).
Retention and deletion of Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data as long as your Personal Data is relevant for the purposes as mentioned above. After such period, we either delete or anonymize the Personal Data.
Security of Personal Data
Accelerate has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, including inter alia as appropriate: (a) the pseudonymisation and encryption of personal data; (b) the ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services; (c) the ability to restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident. Accelerate shall thereto take into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
Personal Data of children
Accelerate is not knowingly targeting children under the age of 18 year. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Personal Data that is processed by us without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data, we will take the necessary steps to have that Personal Data irrevocably removed.
Automated decision making and PCI data
We do not use the Personal Data you have provided hereunder for any automated decision-making processes or techniques which create or deny rights to you.
We do not process any payment card information (PCI). Any payment card operations and information are controlled and processed directly and solely by a third-party provider.
Cookies policy of Accelerate
When visiting the Website or when you are making use of certain services of Accelerate, a Cookie or similar technology, may be placed on your end device or used during your use of the Website or services.
A cookie is a tiny data file which is stored on your end device (“Cookie”). A Cookie enables certain features and functionalities of the Website or certain services. A cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via your web browser or through certain services, it can provide information to such server to facilitate a more user-friendly service by registering, among other data, users’ preferences, detect errors, account information, device identification and/or collect data for statistics.
When you disable one or more cookies, you will probably still be able to browse the Website and use the services, however certain features may not work as expected or may be deactivated as a result therefrom. Cookies may either be placed by Accelerate through the Website and/or services, however, may also be placed by third parties who may or may not have a cooperation with the Website and/or services.
Most web browsers have cookies automatically enabled. You can decide on whether and to what extent cookies will access your end device by changing the settings of the browser you use.
Cookies may either be (i) session cookies: temporary cookies used during the visit to the website, which will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed, or (ii) persistent cookies: cookies which will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date.
Accelerate may use the following cookies on its website:
Necessary/technical cookies: these Cookies are necessary for providing an information society service as requested by you. These Cookies are used by Accelerate to make the Websites and/or services work the way they are expected. These Cookies are essential and if the use of this type of Cookies is not allowed, we cannot provide the services you have asked for.
Performance cookies: Accelerate uses these cookies to analyze how in general usage is made of services and to monitor our Websites. This information helps us understand how people use our services and our Website, and it gives us information about the kind of experience people have, all of which helps us learn how to make the Accelerate experience even better, to find out about user engagement, and to provide more relevant information to users.
Functionality cookies: Accelerate uses these Cookies to adjust the Website and/or services to your preferences as well as in order to analyse your behaviour in relation to the content being made available to you through the Website and/or services.
Third-party cookies: Website and/or services may contain Cookies third-party providers.